Lily Anne

Lily Anne
18 months

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Getting ready!

Today my nose was all yucky and I wasn't feelin so good, so Mommy took me to the doctor.  I took pig and pony with me!  When the nurses called us back I weighed on a big girl scale.  Mommy says it was a little off, whatever that means.  It said I weigh 23 pounds! Mommy said I normally weigh in a dry diaper, without all my clothes, shoes, pig and pony. 

When we got back into the room, one of the nurses let me play with those light thingies they look in my ears and nose with!  She showed me how to look in pig's ears!  Pigs ears look good (the doctor lady said mine were a little pink). Well, Pig's were pink, and he was fine - so that must mean I'm fine too!  GUESS WHAT!  I didn't even have to get any shots or stuck with ouchie things and no one stuck any things down my throat this time!  I like this doctor A LOT!  The doctor lady is going to have Mommy give me some medicine (pseudoephedrine) to keep my ear from getting any worse before my surgery!  Kinda silly because my ear was pink, just like Pig's!

Before we left I told everyone bye-bye and SEE YA and I blew kisses to some people!  One of the nurses told me that she remembers when I was just a little bity baby!  Mommy said I was almost four pounds when that nurse gave me my first shots!  I don't remember it, so I still like her!  I got a 2 Dora stickers, a Pooh sticker and another sticker!  I stuck them on Mommy!  Then I took them back and stuck them on my shirt!  I wore them to Wal-Mart like that! 

Mommy said this Wal-Mart trip was just for me! We bought VERY special pajamas for me to wear when we stay in the hospital!  They are purple with a butterfly that says ONE OF A KIND!  And the bottoms say SLEEP TIGHT!  I think Mommy needs special pajamas too, but she couldn't find matching ones so she said she'll wear something she has from home.  We also got a new purple rubber ducky!  Three kinds of juice, frozen juice packs, yogurt, jello, pudding, apples (Mommy calls them oranges, but I call everything round apple), teddy grahams and gummy bears!  The oranges were my pick!  I hollared at Mommy APPLE! APPLE! And so she let me pick out a bunch!  I like to chew on them and suck the juice out and spit them back out on to the plate.  I try to feed them to Tito, but he just will not eat them!  Silly dog!  He doesn't know they're yummy!  He usually eats whatever I give him, and some things I don't and that makes me MAD!  I say NO TITO!  And Mommy gets really mad at him!

Mommy gave me a piece of candy when we got home!  I wanted more, but she said I couldn't have any more tonight because it was medicine (tylenol)!  I know it was candy!  Medicine is yucky and I have to suck it out of a dropper!  This was a piece of candy!  And I like candy!  There is another medicine that Mommy said I can't have tonight because it will make me hyper.  Whatever that means!  She said I can have some in the morning!  Guess I'll find out then what hyper is!  I hope it's fun!  I'll let ya know!

Love,
Lilybug!

3 comments:

  1. Love that picture! Gorgeous.

    And Lily, honey, go nice on mommy during your hyperness this morning. My mommy was rather frustrated with my hyperness yesterday...

    Hope you are feeling better. :)

    Love, Elisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still don't know what hyper means! I got up, took the medicine and the candy. Then I just layed in the bed with Mommy until ten! Then I've been playing for a few minutes, then I go lay on Mommy. Mommy seems sicker than me. She hasn't played at all today! :-( She's under a blanket on the couch and she said she has a fever! Mommy keeps using big words I don't know what they mean! She called my doctor again today to get us back in. It's ok, so long as they don't give me a shot! I like going there when I don't get a shot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS Thanks for the note Elisa!

    Love,
    Lily

    ReplyDelete